For decades, Central DuPage Hospital (CDH) and Delnor Hospital have pursued a common goal just miles from each other in Chicago’s western suburbs: to bring excellent care to the communities we serve. In the process, both organizations grew from community hospitals into nationally recognized organizations for quality health care. Now joined as Cadence Health, our hospitals merge proud traditions to create a future of opportunity for our patients, staff and the community.
In 1925, Community Hospital in Geneva opened its doors. Fifteen years later, Delnor Hospital in St. Charles was founded. The two merged in 1986 to form Delnor-Community Hospital. In 1991, the hospital unveiled a modern, 159-bed facility in Geneva, returning to the name Delnor Hospital. Delnor opened a new patient wing in 2008 with spacious, private rooms and other amenities dedicated to patient-centered care which led to Planetree designation.
Central DuPage Hospital opened in 1964 with 133 beds, following a community effort to build a local hospital that raised more than $1.8 million over six years. In 1976, the fast-growing hospital added a five-story patient wing and surgery suites, then continued expansion in the ‘80s and ‘90s with the addition of a maternity/pediatric wing and an outpatient services pavilion. In August 2011, CDH opened a state-of-the-art patient pavilion with 202 private rooms reflecting the latest thinking in patient care and comfort.
The merger of these two hospitals in 2011 builds upon the tradition of providing quality health care to the residents of our surrounding communities.